Sunday, August 29, 2010

KCAI ANIM: Hunting & Gathering, PART 1




I picked my church (Samil) back home in Dallas, Texas because I enjoy being part of the church. I love seeing my friends since I can only see them once a week because we all live pretty far from each other. For our youth group service, we would sing and praise in this room with the mini band of a keyboard, guitar and drums and the projector with the music lyrics. I think church is a very special place for a Christian so that we can worship while being in a community. I feel close to everyone from the toddlers to the elders there. Also, I learn something new every week so make me a better person.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I picked out the Country Club Plaza as my favorite local place because I had lots of fun memories being there with my friends from KCAI. From the beginning of the year, my friends and I would go to the Free Movie Days that the campus activity would host. We watched Inglorious Basterds, Where the Wild Things are, Gamer, Alice in Wonderland etc. I can never pass up anything that's free. At the fountain, we would go there for photo shoots for our costumes/cosplays that we made. While we had a relaxing picnic in front of the fountains, we've even watched a guy taking a shower at the fountains. And that was pretty amusing in itself. I had my 19th birthday dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. I helped conducted a survey with a friend for one of her projects and found lots of nice (and rude) people there. The plaza is just a fun place to hang out with friends and have a good time.

2 comments:

  1. Free Movie Days? I'm a transfer, so I'll have to look in to that!
    Slightly off-topic... what kind of stuff do you and your friends cosplay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Concept:
    Excellent content.

    Composition:
    The church composition is lacking gravity and perspective...therefore making it appear a bit flat. However, the Plaza drawing is excellent. There is a strong sense of depth and atmosphere.

    Detail/execution:
    The Plaza drawing is the most successful in terms of detail. The only thing its missing is greater attention to detail, texture, gradation and overall tonality. All of these elements would work together better to enhance the atmosphere. Whereas the church drawing feels very flat, devoid of shadows. For such a warm memory, the space feels cold. Tonality and contrast could help create narrative clues as to the deeper, obviously very meaningful content of the space.

    Following instruction:
    Great

    ReplyDelete